Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wait... summer's almost over?!

This summer went by so quickly. I feel like I went to sleep last night when it was May something and woke up and... okay... September soon?!?!?! I guess I've been working really hard!

Stay tuned for a website overhaul as I get ready to share some new photos, updated reel and much, much more. Now that we are 2/3 done with 2011, I can safely say that this year has been the most productive for me so far in my acting career.

Moving home to live with my family in CT for the summer, I was terrified that I would basically stall any progress I made because I'd have to hop on a 3 hour round trip commute to go on any auditions. I thought I'd let my work slip just to avoid this inconvenience. But yes, anyone who knows me knows I'm stubborn in the most positive way possible. Needless to say, I was on the train OFTEN.

I played a wide range of roles this summer ranging from teenage LARPing elf to vegan photographer horror/slasher film-victim, to someone with no lines (just me!)on the stage of the Upright Citizens' Brigade Theatre. I got two final callbacks this summer for exciting roles, and am thrilled by all of the positive reinforcement I've seen from professionals in the industry just within the last few months.

My participation at the Upright Citizens' Brigade Theatre has really been wonderful in aiding not only my audition skills, but also my general confidence in acting in general. Yesterday was my first day of Improv 201 (the second 8-week course). I absolutely loved my first intensive at UCB, which ended 2 weeks ago with a performance in front of a paying audience. My team/class bonded so much over the short week and we came together as a cohesive team to put on a great show for friends and family. It had been a while since I was on stage performing, and without lines, well, that was a first. My heart was pounding so hard when I was on the back line trying to decide if I should step out onto the stage and see if I could find a scene from a suggestion or make a monologue out of one word and try to get some laughs if I was lucky. I'm going to keep taking classes at UCB because for me, it's so much fun, and really makes my brain hurt, which is good I guess.

In other news, I'm moving back to the city next week and will be roommates with my boyfriend. We are excited to be living on the Upper East Side and I will definitely frequent Central Park for jogs, picnics and kicking a soccer ball around.


Stay tuned for more fall news, my website update and much more!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds very exciting! Lots of people say improv is the best thing an actor can do! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete