Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm in a theater company!

Great news!! Two weeks ago I auditioned for a Chekov short play reading festival at Turtleshell Productions. Although I could not participate in the festival because of conflicts, John Cooper, Turtleshell's director invited me to audition for the theater company. For the callback I read a hilarious scene with a fellow actor and got the call a few days later from John telling me that I'm officially a member. I'm very excited to be a part of an acting community - this camaraderie something I've missed since graduating NYU. Our first Terrapin Acting Troupe meeting is next Monday and I'm looking forward to meeting and collaborating with the other artists. Two members I've previously worked with at NYU in the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, so I'm especially excited to reunite with them.


In other news - today I met with casting director Faryn Einhorn of Law and Order: CI at Breakthrough Studios. I do these casting meet-and-greets a lot and learn something new each time. Faryn gave great directions each time actors read a new scene and she challenged me to change my character's behavior each reading I performed. So far this winter I've met with Faryn, Claire Traeger of Law and Order and Philip Huffman of Law and Order: SVU. Yes - I really want to get on L&O! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment