Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reflecting on 9/11

I was 14 years old when the Towers hit on September 11, 2001. I was a shy high school student who thought everything in my life would work out perfectly. Now, I'm a New Yorker. As annoyed as I get with the noise, smells and crowded streets, I wouldn't trade this city for anything in the world. I came here in 2004 just there years after the towers fell. I remember walking past the World Trade Center site and watching construction workers deep in that hole in the ground surrounded by rubble. I get chills when I think, "What if I was jogging on the West Side Drive when the Towers fell? What if I was a student at NYU when that happened?" Every time I think of that day, I feel like a 13 year old again, confused, but also proud to be from this country, and better yet, in the best city in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment