I hope everyone is having a great holiday season! This past year has been unbelievable. 2009 was my first full year as an NYU Graduate thrust into the big, bad world of acting. I've accomplished a lot, but I still have a long way to go to be where I ultimately want to be. It's pretty terrifying that this decade is coming to a close and a new one is starting.
Here are some things I am proud of over the past year:
1) I've had many wonderful meetings with casting directors and agents. I've made lasting impressions that have resulted in me being called in for some heavy duty auditions.
2) I have my first audition for 'Law and Order' and ROCKED IT!
3) I got an amazing day job and can pay my bills without a problem with health insurance and I am able to audition whenever I want!! (this was a big worry for me as I was getting ready to say goodbye to NYU)
4) I've written a feature length screenplay.
5) I was in an award winning short film.
6) I continue to train and hone my craft
7) I am understanding the business side of this crazy profession more and more
8) I shot my first feature film in which I learned an Italian accent and learned Modern Dance.
9) I appeared on 'As the World Turns' and in the film 'Twelve.'
And....here are some of my resolutions....or goals for the upcoming year
1) Have a speaking role on a network TV show....(hopefully Law and Order)
2) Get my script out there and read by some people who may be interested in getting it made
3) Audition more and more for bigger projects
4) Continue to build on my relationships with Casting Directors
5) GET SIGNED BY AN AGENT
6) Continue writing and taking classes!
I'm so excited for 2010 and I can't wait to continue to update you on all the exciting news. I already have some auditions lined up for January and I can't wait to land some of them. Stay tuned for my reel which should be done within the month!
Happy New Year!!!!!